Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Precious Moments

What a week we have had!  Wednesday is a day we will all remember.  Since we were out of power for a couple of days, some sweet friends of ours invited us over for dinner one evening to hang out in the nice and cool.  What a blessing they are!  The girls had a great time too!
Sweet Friends


The girls love some trucks...we don't have these at our house!!

 

On Friday, to the ZOO we went!  The girls were scheduled not to have school due to a teacher workshop, so I planned to take a day off with them.  What a fun day just the 4 of us had together!  We began our day with breakfast at Chick-fil-a, and then to the zoo we went.  It was Lily's first trip to the zoo and of course Lola's too!  Lyla and Lily loved all of the animals.  Lyla helped me read the map and told me what animals she wanted to see!  Her favorite was the lions!  :)  We ended our day with a train ride that we all loved!

New Elephant Exhibit is Open!!  Elephants are HUGE!






TURTLES!

Kangaroo!



Sea Lions!

Snack time!

Bus Load of Girls!

STINKY CAMELS!!!


All Aboard!!  Lily wasn't sure at first about the train ride.

Mommy was there too!

Having fun now!

This train is putting me to sleep!!

I liked it!!

Ringing the bell!


Saturday we had our regularly scheduled CapBall game!!  Lyla is getting better and better!







Saturday evening Ashley and I attended a wedding of one of my neighbors from back home who was one of his former baseball players!  I can't believe Steven is old enough to be married!  The wedding was beautiful, and Ashley and I spent the night away from the girls so we could enjoy the evening.
Steven and Tara's First Dance
Our Date Night!

Mills and Matthew - my brothers

My mom and I

My Mom and Mrs. Fran (aka Mother of the Groom)


While we were at the wedding, the girls had a great time with Grandmother and Aub!  They got "ROYAL" treatment!  Who needs a "royal wedding" when you have grandparents!!  :)

The girls made their own "butterfly cakes"!


We were so happy to see them when we picked them up!  I think they were glad to see us too!
What a great week we had!





No comments: