Monday, August 11, 2008

Our "Big" News!!

I know...I haven't been posting in a while. For those of you who check my blog often, I am so sorry. I was pretty much under-the-weather for much of July! We are pregnant...yes, we are expecting our second child!! What a blessing!!! The "big" event will take place at the beginning of March if I make it that long. :) We are 10 weeks now...yay! The countdown is on because I have been so, so sick. I am not the one that loves pregnancy at all. I didn't have a good one last time and this one has not begun that way either. All I can think about is the precious baby that comes at the end...that keeps my spirits up.

I have already been in the hospital due to dehydration....I know the cycle has started! Ugh! But fortunately they have me now hooked to a pump that gives me medicine 24/7. What a huge blessing as I started teaching this week! I know Ashley also appreciates that I can at least walk and function a small amount around the house now. So please keep us in your prayers!! Oh, and if you are one that doesn't feel your best during pregnancy either, let me hear from you. It is always nice to hear that others have problems with this too!

6 comments:

kristen said...

Congratulations, Melanie! I am so excited for you and Ashley (and Lyla). I will be praying that you will feel better soon!

3GirlsDaddy said...

SHUT UP!!! I saw you Friday and you didn't say anything! You're in trouble for that.
CONGRATS!!! Sorry you're sick. My 1st and last pregnancies were fine. My middle (Tait) pregnancy was HORRIBLE. Camille better be glad she was a surprise or she wouldn't be here! I was not ready to be pregnant again when Tait was 7 months old. God has a hilarious sense of humor sometimes, huh?
Definitely praying that you will feel better and that Lyla adjusts to becoming a big sister! Let me know if I can help!

3girlsmom said...

Hey - have no idea why my name on my last comment came in as Spencer. Weird. It's me, though.

amyandcarltonwatt said...

Congratulations, Melanie! I found your blog through Christi's! I am glad I found it so I can keep up with you! I am actually pregnant too! I am due in about 3 weeks!! Your little Lyla is absolutely precious! Keep in touch! My blog is http://amyandcarltonwatt.blogspot.com/

Christi said...

Congratulations! Lyla is beautiful and I am sure your new one will be too. I am so sorry that you are feeling so sick! I hated that part of being pregnant. I'm not really loving this particular part I'm in either. :)

Anonymous said...

such great news! congrats! AND to make you feel better...i was sick, sick, sick-with both of my pregnancies! yuck! i strongly disliked nearly everything about being pregnant. the way you feel, the way you look...everything! i am bitter towards those that have great pregnancies. i always like to hear that they are sick too! ha! i'm praying for you and hope you'll be feeling better soon. like you said, the blessing at the end is so worht it!