Saturday, April 23, 2011

Eggs, parties, candy, and more...

This week has been filled with Easter activities galore.  The girls were having Easter parties at school this week...so that means making something special for their classes!!  Lyla loves to help in the kitchen.  We made rice krispie shaped bunnies and chicks and put them in bags with pastel M & Ms (our eggs!).  They turned out really cute and were a treat that Lily can have even with her allergies!





Lyla's Easter program at school was at school this week.  I was very lucky and was allowed to leave school for a bit so that I could attend!  It made my day to see my sweetie on the stage singing her heart out.  She was so happy that Mommy and Daddy were able to leave their "kids" at school to come and see her! They sang wonderful songs about Jesus and his love for us.  How blessed we are that they are learning the true meaning of Easter!





After the program, to her class we go for her "party"!  She helped Mrs. Susan pass out the Easter treats she brought and they ate while waiting for the eggs to be "hidden"!


While Lyla was eating, I snuck over to Lily's room to peak in on her.  My plan was to send my camera in with someone for a few pics of her Easter egg hunt, but to my surprise I was able to go in and snap a few pictures of her without her seeing me!  That's right...she NEVER saw me!  She was so into her egg hunt she didn't even notice Mommy was there!!  (I didn't want her to see me.  When she sees me, she knows it is time to go home and I knew she would have been upset!)
Lily's cute treat from her teacher!



After watching Lily, it was time for Lyla's hunt in the fellowship hall.  Unfortunately it was stormy weather this day, so ALL hunts had to be inside!  :(  They loved it anyway.  Lyla wanted to open her eggs as she hunted.  I quickly reminded her to keep "hunting" because all of the eggs would be gone in a flash.  She managed to get a few and I was right...the hunt was over in minutes!!!

That evening (while dressed in our "bunny attire") we decided to visit the Bass Pro Shop to see the Easter Bunny.  We met our sweet friends there for dinner first.  While waiting on the bunny, the girls watched the fish...this is our favorite thing to do!


Then it is BUNNY TIME!!  The drama begins...Lily and Lola DO NOT like her!  What memories!  :)  Lyla was so proud of herself for sitting there.

Then we were off to explore the games!  Something is wrong with this picture!  :)

My laidback sweetie with her feet up!

Our final stop of the night was the four wheelers and boats!


We are having such a great week and can't wait for more Easter fun!!!!!

No comments: