Sunday, April 10, 2011

Precious Moments


Time is flying! As a working mom, my biggest fear is that time will pass and I will forget about all of the "little" details and moments that are passing with each day. The girls are growing too quickly and each moment is precious! My "event" posting is not getting done, so now I must move to a different goal of posting a list each week of "precious moments" that happen, so I won't forget them as time passes. Pray that this will work, and I can make time for this. To you that blog every day, I admire your work. You will treasure it always!!!

Many, many things have happened over the last couple of weeks...
  • Lyla has begun Cap ball for the 2nd year! Boy does one year make a difference!! She is excited to hit the ball and play with her friends. She has had several practices so far and has even played in 2 games! She loves her new helmet and bat. (She still plays in the dirt every now and then....but all in all...much improved from last year!)
  • Many, many milestones for Miss Lola.......She is "army crawling", getting her first tooth on the bottom, reaching for you, and has begun sleeping all night on a good night! She LOVES outside! She likes to stroll and swing. She is learning things way too fast and growing up before my eyes! She also experienced her 3rd ear infection recently. :( I pray that no more are in her future!

  • Lily and Lyla went to the dentist this past week. We went to a new place and it was a great experience for both girls. This was Lily's 1st visit to the dentist! We watched a movie about teeth and taking care of them. They got to play with "princess prizes" after they had their teeth brushed and Lyla had her 1st x-ray of her teeth. We got a good report and learned some things as well.



  • Mommy celebrated her 31st birthday. Yes...I, too, am getting too old! Ashley and the girls gave me a deluxe pedicure and manicure! I went on Saturday and it was heavenly! My class was sweet and surprised me with a strawberry cake from Edgar's and a target gift card. They wrote me sweet notes as well. I received beautiful flowers from my mom and dad. The birthday week was fabulous! The most precious part of my day was the girls singing "Happy Birthday" to me. (I will try to post this video soon!!)
  • Lyla and I ended the week with a trip to Abbeville. Just the 2 of us went! We had a lot of fun going to Meme and Papa Charles' house for the night. We went to watch my niece Hannah in a pageant. She looked beautiful and won 2nd alternate! Lyla loved watching all of the pretty girls in their "princess" gowns.

No comments: